Friday, February 4, 2011

Making Flowers

I was hunting around the net to find tutorials on making flowers.  I am always looking for flowers to put on my cards but my local SB store only has so much room for such things and it doesn't always have the color I am looking for.  I found a couple of good sites where I can purchase really cute flowers but then I have to wait about two weeks before anything is delivered.  There must be a way I can satisfy my need now..... of course, I am part of the instant gratification generation.

Anyway, one I found is Learn to Stamp and Scrap with Lynn Larson.  I really like how the finished flower looks but I did not want to go to all the trouble of smooshing the paper so much that it will separate.  My answer to this problem is to use thinner paper.  I just happened to have some Japanese paper and thought I would give it a try.

I used my Spellbinders small scalloped circles - the two smallest - and cut two of each for the flower.  I layered them and punched a hole through the middle and then inserted a brad.  I did this to keep all the layers together while I crumpled and smashed the paper to give it texture and shape.  I am very pleased with the result.  Take a look....



And here is my flower on a card....
The image is a digital design by Squigglefly.

Have a GREAT day!!

1 comment:

Sheree said...

The flowers are fabulous!!