Monday, February 14, 2011

Psalm 47:2 - ODB Challenge #48

Here's a great challenge from Our Daily Bread Designs.  The card has to follow the HEART ingredients:

H= Hemp (my hemp is tying the button)
E= Embossing (I embossed the background, 2 layers with Cuttle Bug folder)
A=Any Our Daily Bread Images or Sentiments (Scripture Collection #3 and Brocade Boarders)
R= Ribbon or lace (lace)
T= Tearing or distressing (Used Distress ink and distressed the blue CS under the brocade boarder)



I had a great time figuring out how to incorporate all the elements.  I also wanted to use my new little Luxury Stack of metallic and pearlized papers. The CS is Stampin Up and the flower, Prima.  I daubed some of the Distress ink over the raised embossing to bring out the image a bit more.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This just beautiful!! I am so excited that you joined up and you were so creative and had fun doing it. Your creation is beautiful with the dry embossing, the pearlized paper, and the colors. Your verse is framed beautifully. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge.

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Hello Nancy, Thanks for leaving a comment at my blog. I thought anyone leaving such a sweet note would have a nice blog and you do.
Your card is precious and I love the embossing. As I was looking around, I noticed you use a lot of embellishments. Even using DP is challenging for me. Hope your Valentines Day is a good one.

Sheree said...

What a beautiful card Nancy!! I really like how your distress ink accented the embossing. Great layout and love the sentiment! Well done!
I am amazed we all werent blown away in the horrible weather of late!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Nancy, what a stunning card!! I love all of the special details you have added with the embossing and awesome layering....and oh, don't let me forget these yummy colors, just beautiful!! Thanks for taking the time to play along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina