Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Christmas Hostess!

This week I am the Monday Hostess over at Digital Delights.  For my project this week I made this cute little box that I found here. I made a few adjustments to make it work for inches and added my Christmas Digital Delights images to finish it off.



Believe it or not, this box lays flat and fits into a regular size envelope.




Side view
 I used Snowball Andie and the House from the Snowball Sarah and Andie set, as well as Snowie Lola and Winder Fun Sentiments.

Start by making the box:

  • Cut a piece of card stock 5 1/2 by 10 1/2 inches
  • Score at 2 1/2, 5, 7 1/2 and 10 inches
  • Turn 90 degrees and score at 2 1/2 inches (on the long side)
  • Cut the 4 box sides and cut out the little extra on the top of the tab
  • Fold on the score lines and glue the little tab over to form the box.

What you have now is a box (with no bottom) with open flaps at the top.  The base of the box is 3 inches and the top flaps are 2 1/2 inch squares.



Cut your designer paper:
  • 3 pieces of 2 3/8 square
  • 3 pieces of 2 3/8 by 2 7/8
  • The back of the box has one longer strip of neutral paper to add your note. Cut a strip 2 3/8 by 5 3/8
Cut two little strips to attach to the box on the inside.  These will hold your images up.  The strips at 3 1/2 by 1 inch.  Score at each edge at 1/2 inch.  Fold them like a Z and glue inside the box close to the top edge.

Now glue in your images and your done!  Have fun making your own Christmas box cards.


Card Recipe
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Season of Style dp
Markers/Ink: Copics, Distress Tea Fired Brick
Embellishments: Stickles, SU label punch, BossKut Pointsettia die, Glossy Accents on the Christmas lights



Challenges for this card:
Have a Great Day!


NancyD

20 comments:

Alyx said...

This is gorgeous. Such a great idea and a beautiful project.

Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Unknown said...

What a great project! Love it! This is a super Christmas project made even better by sharing your tutorial with the rest of us. THANKS! Thanks for joining us over at Glitter N Sparkle this week.

Christine said...

Cute, cute, cute. For Halloween I made an exploding box for a friend's grandson and filled it with candy. I love this idea as well...going to give it a try. Thanks for the instructions.

loz said...

This is Stunning... Thanks for the instructions. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Sue said...

I love your cute box and adorable images.
Sue xx

Dee said...

Super cute! Noticed your post on Make It Monday and stopped by to say hi and to take a closer look. Hope you have a great day!

Glittered Paws said...

OMG talk about too cute - love it and easy to mail too, great job - saw this over at MIM.

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is amazing Nancy. Love it to bits. Thank you so much for sharing. I am going to try it for sure. Have pinned it here:Card Tutorials

Shirley-Anne said...

Fabulous and unusual shaped card .Beautiful images . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love these little elves popping out of the box, and it great that it folds flat for posting.

Sue x

Dora said...

beautiful!! great project

Dawn H said...

I have been wanting to make one of these since I saw it on Monicas-passions.blogspot.co.uk! I have not had the time to play with it and convert to inches yet. THANK YOU soooo much for posting your dimensions. Now maybe I can find the time to actually make one (or many!)Thanks again.

pst said...

What a gorgeous project! I saw your entry on Make it Monday and wanted to have a closer look. Thank you for sharing the project and even the tutorial.

Sandy said...

Just popping in to let you know I've featured your wonderful box/card on my blog as a POTW from last week's MIM entries.
Hugs,
Sandy

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous creation and a wonderful image. Thanks for the tutorial! Love this!
hugs
Glenda

Karen said...

Your box is amazing! Beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

Karen

jane stillman said...

What a brilliant project, thank you for joining us over at Scribble and Scrap, good luck

Dr Sonia S V said...

Nancy here is a card made following your tutorial and have linked back to you:
Pop up box card

Katy said...

This is a great tutorial! (I saw Dr. Sonia's post.) I just became your newest follower. Thanks for the tut-this has been on my "to make" list. :)

Mekyta said...

que belleza felicictaciones, no hablo ingles pero queria comentar, saludos