Sunday, May 11, 2014

Digital Delights Hostess Monday - Builder Booklet

Today I have the pleasure of being the Monday Hostess over at Digital Delights!

I made a little booklet/scrapbook for my grandson Austin for his upcoming birthday.  This booklet is made with lots of really cute characters from the new Digital Delights builder series.



The booklet pages are made using the We R Memories Keeper Envelop Punch Board.  One flap is glued down to form a pocket and the other side flap is used to insert into the next envelop. You can find a number of YouTube videos on this construction method.




The only thing I did different was to fold the booklet accordion style.



This is the back where I will put pictures of Austin with BIG trucks.


The inside of the booklet is not quite a story.  I wrote a few words that he should be able to read to accompany each Digital Delights image.


The names of the characters perfectly fits my family.  One son is Brian and of course my name is Nancy.


The only name I fudged was Tool Time Donald who turns out to be Uncle Evan!


Because these pages are made into envelopes I can fit little tags inside to hold more pictures.

This is going to make a great little gift for my grandson and was very easy to do with pre-colored images from Digital Delights.

Card Recipe
Markers/Ink: I used pre-colored images and just inked the paper edges with Distress Black Soot
Embellishments: Ribbon

 Challenges for this card:

Have a Great Day!


NancyD



8 comments:

Sue said...

This is wonderful Nancy, such a fabulous design. I love the cute image and great wording you have added.
Sue xx

brenda said...

Morning Nancy,

Sorry it's been so long but trying hard to get back into the swing of things and wanted to say hello and peek at what you have been up to starting with the lovely piece in this post.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Nancy this is awesome what a fantastic project, brilliant work.
hugs
lorraine x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What an amazing project and fabulous step by step of it all. I'm inspired to give it a go! Thanks for sharing :) Thanks for joining in with the Dream Valley 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Good luck. Hugs, Wends x - Dream Valley DT

Kates said...

Great project! thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes May Challenge. Kx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a super little booklet Nancy,and a great story for a young child. I love it.

Sue xx

caroline said...

great project, just love the idea. i,m starting a scrapbook for my grandson who is now 4, thank you for sharing your great project with us at crafting from the heart, good luck
caroline dt

MagsB said...

I love this booklet - what a great idea! And the images you've filled it with are terrific, too!

Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley.

love Mags B x