Sunday, January 18, 2015

I am a Guest Designer for Treasured Memories Canada!

I have the very great pleasure to be a guest designer for Treasured Memories Canada scrapbook store in Kamloops, BC.  My first project is an encouragement file folder tag book.  I found a number of examples on Pinterest which all contributed to my design.

The cover is decorated with Petaloo flowers, Wild Orchid leaves,
Spellbinders die cut hearts, gross grain ribbon, cute little charms and sparkly letters.

I love encouraging people and I think this little book is perfect to give as a gift to a friend who needs an encouraging boost. I plan to fill it with encouraging notes, anecdotes, special sayings, verses and poems.

I filled the pockets with lots of tags 3 1/2 x 6 1/2 as well as tags die cut from Labels 28.

I used the KaeserKraft Teddy Bear's Picnic 6x6 pad, one of the 12x12 pocket card pages, and one 12x12 page for the cover.  Here is a picture of all the tags:

I will probably add more tags for my encouraging notes.

The back of the tags are stamped with Penny Black Love This Life Journals clear stamps,
and JustRite A New Day sentiment stamps

Here are the back views....

I added lace and more of the red gross grain ribbon.

The pocket cards on the back allow tags to slip under part of the card.
The back pages are secured with a magnet to keep it closed.

Just in case you are curious, I used a black file folder from Monks.  Open the folder and fold up about 4 inches of the bottom.  Then fold over the left and right sides so that the back lines up.

I cut off a bit of the tab to make it look neater.

No matter what design you choose to use I think it is a great idea to give the gift of encouragement to someone in need.  We can all use a little boost from time to time!

I hope you enjoyed this little book made especially for Treasured Memories Canada in Kamloops!

Have a super scrappy day!
NancyD


2 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, everything about this is beautiful, the papers, the teddy bears and the colour. It's gorgeous Nancy and congrats on being guest designer.

Sue xx

coldwaters2 said...

I am so pleased that you are a DT congratulations and what a beautiful project you have created Nancy, those papers are lush a total delight, the tags and the idea behind this creation is awesome, I love it.
hugs
lorraine x