Friday, February 13, 2015

Good Day For A Fun Project - Bag-Tag-A-Lope

This is a funky scrapbook that is made entirely with different sizes and shapes of envelopes.  It is, of course another Paper Phenomenon tutorial for the current kit club quarter called the Bag-Tag-A-Lope.


I made the cover a bit different that what the tutorial suggested and I really like it!  I put the closure on the side instead of making a belly-band.  I also added a little camera charm to the decoration.


The paper is the KaiserKraft Closeup collection and a lot of DIY Shop embellishments.  I left the side open on the frame so that I can slip in a picture.


I love how this turned out!  I may have to add a charm or two dangling from the clasp.

Looking at the pages in this album you would never know that they are based on envelopes.  Here are all the pages......






We also used acetate to make see-through pockets!


I like to lightly embellish my tags.



This page is a layout.


Kathy used this paper for the cover but I put it on the inside of the envelop flap.  I also cut a slit in the paper so that I could stick in a few tags.


Here is the last page and the clear plastic envelop.


And finally the back of the album.


Project Recipe:

Tutorial: Paper Phenomenon Bag-Tag-A-Lope
Paper: KaiserKraft Closeup collection, Paper Accents cardstock
Embellishments: Album closure from Kathy's kit, DIY frames, KaiserKraft Ephemera, brads, luggage tags, DIY Kraft Envelopes, Treat bags (all this came in the kit)
Inks: Distress black soot

This is a wonderful project and you should give it a try!  If you can not find the right sized envelopes at the office supply store (or around your house) then give Kathy's kit a try too.

NancyD




5 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love your amazing albums Nancy and this one is as stunning as all the others. I love the papers you've used, it will lend itself to having lots of photos put in there.

Sue xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Nancy, such a fabulous design. I love the papers and details you have added.
Sue xx

SlomoMom said...

Beautiful keepsake and fantastic job! A definate WOW!

coldwaters2 said...

Incredible detail and content in this album Nancy, as always I am blown away by everything I see, the papers are awesome, love the clip you have used to close it, I could go on forever, needless to say I LOVE IT
hugs
lorraine x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh this is so fabulous. Love the dp you used and the details you added.