Friday, July 10, 2015

Banner Board Mini Album

I recently purchased the new We R Memory Keepers Banner Punch Board from Scrapadabadoo in Washington State. I have made several banners of course, but I was recently challenged to come up with my own scrapbook album design and I wondered if anyone had used this board to make a mini.  I searched Pinterest and Youtube and the answer is no, so I think this makes me the first designer to create a mini album from the Banner Board.


I made a 5 page album that is 7 1/2 x 11 inches.  There are three pages in the Flag banner style and 2 in the Pennant style.




I used Kathy Orta's hidden hinge binding system to attach the pages to the album cover.  The paper collection is Nautical from Fancy Pants Designs.  I pick up a mega set from Steals.com with all the papers, chipboard, stickers, buttons, photo frames and pocket cards.

Here is the inside front cover with hidden pocket and folded tag.




Next comes the first page......

I made a Crest banner, folded it and added to the base page to form the pocket.


On the back of the page I added a waterfall for lots of pictures.
Page 2 is a Flag page ....

Pocket card is secured as a flap to hold the tag.

Inside the flag page

Back of the Flag page
Page 3 ....


Under the flap

Tags from the pocket

On the back is Kathy's stacked pockets.
Page 4 is another Flag page ....

Place a photo in the frame



Page 4 is a Pennant page ...




and then finally the back cover pocket and flap.....



This was a super quick and fun album to make.  I am working on a tutorial that I will give away for FREE to anyone who likes my Crafting Passions Facebook page (don't forget to private pm me your email address). The Free tutorial will be sent out on Sunday, July 19th.

Hope you enjoyed the very first Banner Punch Board mini album!

Happy Scrapping!
NancyD



4 comments:

Carol A. said...

This is just great and the book turned out so lovely. How wonderful to have another use for the banner punch board. Great idea!

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Nancy, your design is wonderful. I love the colours and fabulous detailing.
Sue xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is fantastic Nancy,a great way to use the board. I've seen little books made with the envelope punch board but the banner board. Needless tocsay it's another of your gorgeous albums that I love.

Sue xx

Dawn Miner said...

Awesome idea-a great way to use this tool if you don't do a lot of banners! Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing too