After taking Jane Davenport's Supplies Me class I have gathered many of the products that are needed, such as gesso (white, clear, black), gel mediums in both gloss and matt, a variety of acrylic paints and of course watercolour paints. Thanks to all my stamping and card making years I have plenty of paper, pens, markers and embellishments. So I am off and running......
I picked up an 8x8 watercolour journal - the hand book paper co (Global Art Materials) from an art store in Nashville (I was just there for a conference).
- Started by applying raised sections of wild flowers and random shapes on the page with several stencils and modelling paste (Tim Holtz and Balzer Designs)
- Added a light wash of three colours.
Okay now the real fun begins....
- I wanted lots of colourful flowers so I dabbed acrylic paint onto a large Donna Downey stencil in both red and green (then added a little bit of yellow).
- I outlined all the flowers and stems with a xs Pitt Pen. I tried to smudge it but it didn't really work.
- Next I randomly added some stencilled words with Distress Forest Moss and the words Inspire Yourself in black.
My journalling phrase is from Leonardo da Vinci:
"I have been impressed with the urgency of DOING. Knowing is not enough, we must APPLY. Being willing is not enough, we must DO!"
Lastly, I added a few stencilled butterflies and spatters.
What do you think of my first ever journalling page? I guess all those classes and YouTube videos did come in handy. I plan to fill the whole 60 pages with art journal spreads so stay tuned for more!
Have a great day!
Wow, fantastic Nancy, I love you journal pages. The colours and words are wonderful.
WOW Nancy it looks so pretty! I have never tried an art journal...love how cheerful yours looks
Post a Comment