Friday, October 31, 2014

Tombow Design Team Entry

One of the many things that I have enjoyed about blogging is the opportunity to be a part of a design team.  I have been on several teams over the last few years and today I am applying for the Tombow design team.


I have actually used Tombow markers and Tombow Multi Liquid Glue for many years.  The first class I took using Tombow Markers was at the stamping store in Victoria, BC with Marie Browning, Tombow's signature designer.  She showed us how to blend three graduating shades of a Tombow Marker to make a beautiful stamped card.

For our design team submission we are to post a minimum of 3 projects on our blogs, one of which should be a D.I.Y. project.  My first entry is a simple holiday card using Tombow Xtreme Permanent Adhesive,  Tombow WideTrac Correction Tape, a Tombow Marker and glitter.

I used the Xtreme tape to make a line of adhesive on the card base and then added fine glitter.  The Xtreme tape is a very strong adhesive and had no trouble attracting and holding onto the glitter.  I repeated this step until I had 6 gradually shorter lines of glue and glitter.

Next, I swiped the correction tape onto a strip of card stock and used that as a base to write Merry Christmas with a green Tombow Marker.  The white correction tape makes a nice contrast to the green cardstock so that the sentiment shows clearly.

Finally, I layered up my green and gold cardstock and Graphic 45 Christmas paper using more of the Xtreme adhesive.  I added little punched snowflakes with gems and a twine bow to tie it all together.


The card is now ready for a personal greeting from me.

My next project is a pop-up box card that I posted back in 2013 before the craze really got going.  I included instructions in inches with a diagram for scoring and cutting.


I am including this box card post because it speaks to my interest in dimensional projects and learning new techniques.  The characters on the card are from Digital Delights, a design team that I was part of for over 3 years.

I can't help but include a scrapbook project because I love, love, love making them and they show my interest in working with wonderful designer papers and fancy construction methods.  They also take lots of adhesive!


I fussy cut part of the signature sheet and layered it on top with Tombow 3D Foam Tabs.

I used Graphic 45 Raining Cats and Dogs 8x8 pad and lots of black cardstock.  I am teaching a class on how to construct this book at my local scrapbook store in January.  Here are a few more pictures......






I am including this next project because it shows that I do write tutorials that people read - over 1600 of them (that is 1600 page hits for the flower tutorial post).  This project has had universal appeal because we all love to put flowers on our cards and projects.

 This     or this  

Makes these beautiful flowers .......



My blog is about my passions and my latest passion is Zentangle.  I loved drawing the Zentangle method so much that I took the training and became a Certified Zentangle Teacher last November.  I like to include Zentangle on all kinds of craft projects.

I used Zentangle to decorate a scrapbook......




And a tag with a Prima Doll .....


Wild Orchid Flowers

Lots of ribbon and Tangles











My D.I.Y. offering is a simple home decor project using a tea light, velum, Tombow Markers and Xtreme Adhesive.



First, I cut a piece of velum to 5 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches and stamped my Inkadinkado image onto velum using Tombow N25 black.  Then I turn the velum over to the other side and colored the dragonflies, bees and butterflies with various Tombow Marker colors.





Next, I applied a strip of Tombow Xtreme adhesive along one short edge,  Curling the velum over itself I adhered the two sides together.  The Tombow Xtreme adhesive is perfect for this application because it is a very strong clear tape.






You can leave the finished tea light sleeve plain or decorate with flowers of the season.





I hope you enjoyed this post seeing a few new projects and some slightly older special projects for my Tombow Design Team entry.

Wish me luck!
NancyD


5 comments:

Sue said...

WOW!! Such an amazing selection of creations Nancy. You are so talented!
Good Luck with the DT call, I think you would be big asset to the team.
I hope you have a good weekend.
Sue xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, what a lovely collection of cards and projects Nancy. Fingers Crossed for the DT call. I do wish that I lived near to you and was able to attend your workshop to make the mini book.

Sue xx

brenda said...

Hello Nancy,

Your comment (thank you so much) nudges me to pop over and visit, I know it's been a time.

Your post is just bursting with inspiration and you look to have been mega busy with some wonderful projects.

I am amazed by those lovely flowers with just the simple punch - which I have so will be having a play.

B x

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Nancy these are an excellent selection of projects that show your talents off to perfection, I am just gobsmacked at how much creativity you ouze, I am certain that the people at Tombow will be bowled over by your amazing work, good luck.
Hugs
lorraine x

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW what beautiful beautiful creations. I have missed some of them Especially the candle and your pop up box card tutorial is a big hit on my pinterest board currently clocking 117 repins!!
All the best for the DT post you will be such an asset to their team as you are so versatile!!

Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects