Saturday, April 25, 2015

Tangle U 2015 Musings

Last week I posted that I was on my way to Tangle U 2015.  This is the CZT (Certified Zentangle Teacher) continuing education put on my Elaine Huffman.  114 CZT came together for more learning, fun, Santa Fe sights and food (of course!). Three of us from Vancouver Island were present: Barb Round, Marie Browning and Me!


My hubby came too and we met lots of new people and made a new friendship with Char and Mike from California, and Sheila and John from Ontario.  The guys drove around New Mexico while the ladies enjoyed fabulous classes. On the way to dinner one night I found these interesting ladies pants. The design is a lot like the Tangle pattern Printemps.



Friday morning we woke to SNOW! I couldn't believe that I had to travel over 1000 miles just to get snow.  There hasn't been any in my town of Courtenay this year and we usually get a least two little snows! It didn't last long, but it was a surprise!


All the classes and sharing opportunities were fabulous!  I learned so much that I am trying to debrief through all the materials I brought home so that I don't forget too much.  My favourite class was with Sharla Hicks from Southern California. The most inspiring quote of the day for me was her comment that "more is more".
She encouraged us to add elements to the foreground and background of our piece.  This is from my notebook and represents some of what she taught.


Since I have been home I made another attempt at the techniques and I really like what is happening to my drawing.


Well, all good things have to come to an end and on Sunday we said our goodbye's.  We left amid hugs and email exchanges and hopes of seeing each other again at the next Tangle U.

On the way to the airport Dave and I decided to drive the old road called the Turquoise Trail instead of the main highway from Santa Fe to Albuquerque.  We stopped at a vary small town to see what there was and snapped this pic of Dave in front of an old engine.


We couldn't help stopping at the next little town of Madrid.  Turns out this is the town where Wild Hogs was filmed!  Apparently Maggie's Diner has never been a dinner but a little town store.



I'll leave you with a picture of all the Talavera swamp tiles that we exchanged between us all.  And if you are a CZT, I look forward to seeing you at the next Tangle U in Maine!



NancyD

4 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Looks like you had fun Nancy and love the drawing
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I've just got back from a weekend away and I'm now playing catch up. It looks like you had a fantastic time and I like your tangled drawing.

Sue xx

Andria said...

TangleU sounds like a fun place to be! I love the drawing from your notebook, and the work you did once you got home. I have drifted away from tangling for awhile, and seeing your work makes me want to head right back to it!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Dropping by to see how you are!