Monday, April 13, 2015

Birth Date Reminder Project

I don't know about you, but I sometimes have trouble remembering birth dates and how old the grand kids are each time.   I made a practical and pretty birthday reminder book to help me keep track of all the birth dates for family and extended family.


This is the front cover of the folio (no hard chipboard covers this time).  I used Pebbles Birthday Wishes paper pad and the Paper Phenomenon Foto Folios #2 Style 5 tutorial.

Back cover
This is a big folio! Here is the book in the first open position.  There is place for tags or cards or anything I want to put in the pockets.


Open up the two sides and you can see the whole spread, Whew! It is very long but holds information for all 12 months in one neat place.


Each month has its own pocket.  There is place for pictures on the front and back of each pocket - the pockets flip down. 



In each pocket is a folded tag for each month.  On this tag I plan to put a calendar with all the birth dates for that month. There is lots of room so I also plan to put pictures of the family members with a birthday that month.  Here are a few close ups of the pages.....




Underneath all the pockets I made acetate pockets to hold pre-made birthday cards.  After all, what's the point of knowing the birth date if I don't actually send out a card! lol!

As you can see I already made a few cards with the paper collection.



Making this was easy from Kathy's great tutorial and I had a lot of fun making such a practical reminder.  Now I just need to get all the birth dates put on the calendars!

Project Recipe:
Tutorial: Paper Phenomenon Foto Folio #2 Style 5
Paper: Pebbles Birthday Wishes 12x12 pad and Cardmaking Pad, Recollections 12x12 black paper
Embellishments: Pebbles Printed Chipboard Shapes, Tags
Inks: My new Prima Chalk Edgers that I one from Scrapadabadoo - Black and Brick Wall

Have a happy day!
NancyD




2 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Nancy this is AWESOME and a brilliant idea, I never remember birthdays, but this is not just any ordinary birthday book it is absolutely fantastic.
hugs
lorraine x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a super idea Nancy, I've just had to send two late cards and one that will hopefully get there in a day because I forgot. Great papers you've used on this one. I finished my first mini album last week, it's on my blog if you would like to take a look.

Sue xx