I made this card with Wolf Outing H-1674 from Sutter Stamps and Mountains 28L from Beeswax. I really needed a set of mountains that we a little like the rolling hills in California where I am from. I couldn't resist this great wolf family. Kind of reminds me of a story my second son told after a recent hunting trip. I plan to send him this card for some encouragement.
- I started out stamping the wolves in the foreground with Momento Black and then made a mask with the same image.
- I stamped the mountains with London Fog.
- I stamped the Tree Duo and Fir Row with Distress Forest Moss.
- I added the two larger trees on either side of the wolves. I wanted them to be behind the wolves a bit and the mask came in very handy here.
- Then I added the grasses around the legs and base of the trees.
- Coloring the image was a real challenge for me. I am still learning how to use the Stylus and getting ink where I want it is still to be learned! I added Meadow and Lettuce to the ground and a little to the mountains.
- I added Ginger and Butterscotch to the mountain area because in California the hills are only green for a short time (if there is rain). I also added some Ginger at the base of the trees.
- I used Aqua as a base on the sky and then added some highlights with Cloudy Blue.
- The wolves were the toughest part. I started with Slate and then added Pebble for highlights. When I was done it looked all one color (mostly). After letting it dry for a while I used the gel pen to bring out some of the white areas on the faces.
Images: Wolf Outing H-1674 from Sutter Stamps and Mountains 28L from Beeswax, Stampscapes Tree Duo 085A, Fir Row 243A,Sedge Filler 251C, Grass from Art Impressions, two larger trees in the foreground from Stampscapes Nature Sheet #1.
Paper: SU Old Olive, craft black, Graphic 45 Fashionista Collection
Inks: Momento Black and London Fog, Adirondack Meadow, Lettuce, Aqua, Cloud Blue, Ginger, Butterscotch, Pebble, Slate, Distress Forest Moss, White Gel Pen
Embellishments: Spellbinders dies to cut the window
Challenges for this card:
- Dream Valley Challenges - Animals
- Let's Ink It Up - Anything goes
- Owtlawz - CAS Something new
- Crafty Pad - Something for the boys
- Make it Colourful - Color blades of grass
Have a wonderful Sunday!
STUNNING card Nancy!!! I love that beautiful scene you created! So serene! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Outlawz! We are blessed to have you :)
Wow, I love those wolves! What a gorgeous scene!
Wow fantastic scene, adore it. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at LIIU, good luck, hugz Suzanne.
PS This has made me want to get my scene stamps out.
What a stunning card! I love those stamps! Your colouring is awesome too!
So glad you could play at The Crafty Pad this week in our Let's See Something For The Boys Challenge.
Fahhhbulous Dahling!! You really rock with the scenic stamps Nancy!
Love your new stamps and the colours you chose are perfect! I think you've mastered the stylus for sure!
This is stunning.
Oh my gosh girl!! It's amazing all the different stamps and inks you used! It's perfect, gorgeous, over the top in every category!! Love it!
What a great card, all the color and the wolves are just wonderful. I'll have to check out the links you provided.
Fabulous colouring and the scene you created looks so real! Had to smile at your comment on the frenzied shopping after Christmas, been there LOL..
Really lovely. Stunning image. Thanks for joining in at LIIU
Fab card, love all the work you have done, beautiful design and details. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley
Post a Comment