Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tri-Shutter Cards

I found a template for Tri-Shutter cards on Split Coast Stampers and watched a couple of You-Tube videos to get the hang of this inventive design.  I just love the complexity of it and people who receive a card like this are wowed.

I tried a couple of different color schemes and this is what I came up with.....



You can do so much with this style and add lots of little embelishments.

The Tilda image is from the new Magnolia collection.  Wording is from Stampin Up and I used Spellbinders dies for the cool shapes.  Ink is Momento Black and Distress Lilac.  Copics for Tilda of course.

Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

Sheree said...

Wow!! Nancy, your cards are sooo beautiful! I'm in awe of your work and when I have a few minutes will check out everything else you've done!
It's a small world isn't it? Would love to meet up at a class somewhere. I haven't been to any Courtenay shops yet as there are two here in C. River and my haunt in Nanaimo, Crafty Capers.
And.. You're my first follower! Thanks so much for making my day! :o)

Melisa Waldorf said...

I just LOVE this pattern. I have wanted to make one. But I always get in a hurry and end up doing a simple square or rectangle. I actually made a template, but much smaller, hmmmm where did I put that thing. Yours are just beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration.