My card this week uses two of the newer characters from Digital Delights Thanksgiving Pilgrims and Indians. I also followed the Mojo Monday sketch for this week.
Stamps: Digital Delights Thanksgiving Indians set and Thanksgiving Pilgrims Set
Paper: My Minds Eye Sunshine Collection, Very Vanilla
Markers/Ink: Distress Tea Dye, Copics - E01, E02, E11, E15, E17, E33, E35, C00, C01, C03, C05, C08, B06, R20, Y08
Embellishments: Prima Pearls, Wild Orchard flower and Corner piece, Tim Holtz leaf die, Spellbinders Label Six, Label Four, Scalloped Circle, Grand Scalloped Square
My favorite Thanksgiving recipe is for bread stuffing to go into the turkey. This is my step dad's recipe and I think it came from his Irish mother.
- Use 3 full loaves of three different kinds of bread (white, wheat and rye are nice)
- Cut the bread into cubes and moisten with about 2 cups of water or chicken broth sprinkled over the cubes (in a very large bowl).
- Add these dry ingredients to the bowl and mix
- 4-6 crisp pieces of bacon crumbled
- 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sage
- In a large skillet (my dad used an iron skillet with bacon grease)
- Add a tablespoon or two of your favorite cooking oil
- Saute a large chopped onion
- Add 1 cup of chopped celery
- Now add the bread mixture to the skillet
- In a small bowl combine 2 eggs and 2 cups of milk.
- Pour the milk/egg mixture over the bread in the skillet and saute (keep folding over the layers) until the egg looks cooked - about 10 minutes.
- Stuff both ends of the Turkey with the stuffing and cook as normal
- Be sure to remove the stuffing from the bird as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Challenges for this card:
- Make it Monday - Always anything goes
- Mojo Monday - Sketch
- CCEE Stampers - 4 embellishments
- Dutch Dare - Give Thanks
- Moving Along with the Times - Eat and Drink
- Paper Crafting Journey - Use a digi
- Sweet Stamps - So Thankful
- Partytime Tuesdays - Phone inspiration (sparkly goldy yellow)
Hop over to Paper Cutz Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. I am looking forward to seeing all your wonderful pink creations for our Gobble, Gobble challenge.
Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
Oh love the recipe, I will be trying that, your card is pretty awesome too!
Fabulous card...love the images and great colouring..
Recipe sounds very yum...might have to try that in a chicken..
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.
LOVE it!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Party Time Tuesdays!
What sweet images on your cute card! Thanks for joining the CCEE Stampers!
Love this cute card Nancy! That stuffing sounds deeeelicious!!
These girls are adorable and your card is so very pretty! The recipe sounds delish!
Super cute card - the images ae sweet.
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT with us this week.
Great creation, love the DD images they look fab!
Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx
Fab card, love the papers and those characters are so cute
Gorgeous card Nancy and once again those images are so lovely, the colours and design are super.
sweet Thanksgiving card...thankks for playing with the CCEE'ers
What a sweet and super cute card..Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stamps this time. If you are interested I have some blog candy up for grabs Click Here to enter
hi hun thanks for joining us at dutch dare, good luck in the challenge and hope to see you again,
hugs sandra dt xxx
What a very sweet card! Thanks for entering the Sweet Stamps Blog Challenge. How nice for you to share a good recipe too! Love it!
Great card and the recipe sounds wonderful too.
Sooo cute xx
Adorable card. Cute pilgrims. Yummy recipe!
Such charming images!! What a lovely Thanksgiving card!! Thanks so much for joining our CCEE Stampers Challenge this week!! :)
Post a Comment