I am not one for New Year's resolutions but I decided a couple of days ago that I needed a few. So here goes:
- Decorate the inside of my cards. I have seen a lot of designers doing this and suddenly wondered why I am not doing it. I have decorated the inside of a few of my cards but I want to do it most of the time this year.
- Give away more cards. I have actually been hording them. I make and post cards every week and they keep piling up. I do send some out to family and friends for various reasons like birthdays and I give a few out to people at church but the supply is greater than the demand. So I am going to package up a big bunch and send them to the children's hospital. Send a Smile for Kids is a great organization and they take care of giving the cards to the various hospitals in different areas of the country.
- Start a challenge blog. Why you ask? Well, because it will be fun and rewarding and expand my blog friends. Ok, so I already started this one a couple of days ago. The new challenge blog is Craft a Scene. The focus of these monthly challenges will be scenic projects - cards, tags, boxes, whatever, just as long as it is a finished project. The first challenge starts on Sunday, January 1, 2012!
Well, I think three resolutions is enough for me to get started. What are your New Year's resolutions? I would love for you to leave a comment with your list. In a couple of days, I will compile the whole list and post some stats about resolutions.
Here is my last card for 2011 and it is my first new card to give to Send a Smile for Kids.
Isn't Elle from Digital Delights cute? I couldn't resist coloring her with pink tones. The background paper from BoBunny has etchings of different safari animals which I thought worked will with the theme. I also embossed a piece of paper using a Cuttlebug folder and then sponged over the raised portions with Adirondak Slate.
Paper: Whisper White, Bazzill Black
Markers/Inks: Adirondack Slate, Copics - R81, R83, R85
Embellishments: Prima Pearls, Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle, Cuttlebug folder
Challenges for this card:
- Card Crafter's Circle - Anything goes
- Delicious Doodles - Anything goes
- Fussy and Fancy Friday - Animal print or happy birthday (I've got both)
- Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes
- Stampin for the Weekend - Anything goes
- Charisma Cards - Anything goes
Have a wonderful New Year and don't forget to tell me your new year resolutions.