Here's how I made this very quick birthday card:
- Print the pre-colored image so that the truck width is 5 inches (back bumper to head lights)
- Cut out the image. I cut very close to the edge leaving a thin line of white paper.
- Prepare the card base:
a. Cut black card stock to 5 1/4 by 9 inches
b. Score at 4 1/2 inches and fold over to make a card
c. Trace the image of the truck on the folded card
d. Cut out the traced image 1/4 inch away from the traced line - BUT NOT the top fold. This will leave about 1/4 inch of black around the cut image once it is glued in place.
- Add tape to the truck cut-out leaving an opening between the front and back of the parts of the box. This leaves space for a tag. I also added tacky glue around the wheel areas.
- Position the cut-out on top of the card and secure.
- I added a strip of plain paper to the inside for a personal greeting (2 1/2 by 4) with rounded corners.
- Cut a tag 1 1/2 by 2 inches. Add the sentiment and punch hole. I added bakers twine.
Markers/Ink: I used pre-colored images and just inked the paper edges with Distress Black Soot
Embellishments: TwineHave a Great Day!