I promised you the link to a wonderful tutorial on how to make a mini album in a box. This one is created by Jacqui Chimes. Once you get to her Youtube channel you will find three different box albums and a basic tutorial for making them.
Here are a few pictures of the one I created using part of a 6x6 pad of the KaiserKraft Teddy Bear Picnic collection .........
|The simple cover held closed by magnets|
|First flaps open|
|Left Side Open|
|Right Side Open|
|Fully Open Album|
Now for finishing up your Christmas books...........
The large tags fit inside the paper bags. You can have as many as will fit in the bag but I have supplied paper for one tag each. The little tags fit inside the envelopes.
- Cut 3 green 4x9 inches
- Cut 3 red 4x9 inches
- Decorate the top of the tag with 1/2 of a snowflake and scraps of paper
- Round the corners if desired
If the ribbon at the top of your tag keeps coming loose, just add a drop of glue.
- Cut a green piece 6x11 and score on the 11" side 1/2 in on both ends.
- Place the Merry Christmas bracket on the top centre of the green piece and trace the shape of the bracket.
- Cut the green piece to the shape of the bracket.
- Measure the width of the cover section where the green pocket will be placed. You only want to cover about half the book with the pocket and you want Santa to be peeking out of the right edge.
This is how the cover should look when you are finished.
Decorating the envelopes
I decorated each of the envelopes with cut outs and scraps. Here a few of ideas.......
Have a scrappy fun day!
BRILLIANT tutorial and project Nancy I am in awe of this beautiful, wonderful creation, your attention to detail is amazing, awesome work.
What a great project Nancy and thank yo so much for the tut, I might give this a go over the weekend.
Have a happy weekend.
A great tutorial for a super album Nancy. I shall be having a go at this (hopefully soon), might have to wait until after Christmas though. Thanks for shareing with us.
WOW Such beautiful beautiful projects Nancy And thank you so much for the encouraging words you left on my How to Repair Big Shot post
Post a Comment