Friday, March 20, 2015

Paris Anyone? A Foto Folio Scrapbook in Yellow and Black

I think what I love most about making mini scrapbooks is the paper.  It's the way the colors make me feel or how the images twist my emotions.

I was introduced to mini scrapbooks in a class at my local scrapbook store - Scrapbook Central in Courtenay, BC in October 2014, and since then I have become a paperaholic.  I don't think there is cure at this time and even if there was I probably would wait for double blind trials, lol!

I immediately fell in love with this Authentique: Classic Beauty collection the moment I saw it in a sales email from an online store.  I bought it the same moment!


I have turned the simple paper pad and Life Cards into a wonderful Foto Folio following Kathy Orta's second set of folios and style #6.  It is a great tutorial, easy to follow and makes a unique, off center scrapbook with room for lots of photos.  A male friend was visiting and noticed the scrapbook on my table.  He opened up and started to turn the pages.  He kept saying, "this is great", and then "it just keeps on going, doesn't it?"

This is what you see when you remove the magnetized belt closure.
Open the top flap to reveal the the center of the book.


Now let's explore the left side.....




I used an acetate pocket on the left

The yellow pages is actually multiple tags ready for pictures.


Let's explore the right side.....

The left side has stepped pockets and the right side has a series of tag layers.

I used Tim Holtz #10 tags on this layer





On the bottom of all the tag layers is a generous pocket with space for a layout.
After the tag section comes a large acetate pocket for lots of memorabilia.

I kept the left side plain so I can do a layout with photos.
and finally we come to the last page.....





Big "L" pocket at the end!

I hope you have enjoyed looking a this paper as much as I did while making the album!  Here is my recipe:

Project Recipe
Tutorial: Paper Phenomenon  Foto Folio 2, Style #6
Paper: Authentique Classic Beauty paper pad and Life Cards, Bazzill Raven Black and Pale Yellow
Embellishments: Acetate, Fab Scraps charm, Office Depot paper clips, Stampin' Up brad, Rare Earth magnets, Tim Holtz #10 tags from Scrapbook Central
Inks: Distress Black Soot

Have a super scrappy day!

NancyD

5 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Well you've done it again Nancy, another stunning album. I decided to have a go myself and have purchased the instructions for you last album you made. Who knows I might get it finished by the time baby arrives.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

Stunning!!!!!!!

Sue said...

This is stunning Nancy. Such a wonderful design made with gorgeous papers.
Sue xx

Tamdsgns said...

love it! just purchased this paper too.

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Nancy this is totally spectacular, I love the Paris theme, it is a place I have always wanted to visit, there is so much history and awesome places to see, it is a dream which is what I feel about this album, it evokes the spirit of what Paris is about, stunning papers and images, the content as always just blows me away, magnificent creation.
hugs
lorraine x