The background paper is stamped with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with sparkly white powder. The next step is to sponge a light blue ink over the paper leaving some white space. Fill in the white space by sponging on a darker blue ink. The final step is to use a purple ink. For some reason using the purple around the stamped flakes really makes them visually pop off the paper.
I wish you could see how sparkly the paper looks!
The second technique is with the embossing folder. I applied a small coating of the purple ink to the inside of the embossing folder and then set my white paper in place. After rolling it through the Cuttle Bug the paper comes out looking vintage with color splotched over the surface and in some of the crevices of the embossed image.
Images: Sitting Tilda from the Sweet Christmas Dreams collection, Hero Arts snowflake stamp
Paper: Whisper White, Elegant Eggplant
Markers/Inks: Distress Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Memento, Danube Blue, Versa Mark ink, Copics - E12, E01, E02, Y06, V17, V20, V25
Embellishments: Wild Orchard lace, Sparkly white embossing powder, Sizzix Snowflake embossing folder, SU pearls, MS Star edge punch
Challenges for this card:
- Mojo Monday - Sketch
- Make it Monday - Always anything goes
- Craft Your Passions - Anything goes plus glitter
- Crafty Boots - Anything goes
- Crafty Bloggers Network - Shades of Winter
- Crafty Card Makers - Heat embossing
- Cupcake Craft Challenges - Make your own backing paper
- Hooked on Crafts - Winter Wonderland
- Incy Wincy Designs - Non traditional Christmas colours
- Paper Creations Ink - Bling it Up!
- Just Magnolia - Anything goes with sparkle
- It's a Magnolia Challenge - Use a punch
Have a wonderful day!