Saturday, April 23, 2011

Baby Carriage - With Thank You Cards

I have a new tutorial for you on the baby carriage and this time the pram holds thank you cards for the new mom.  This makes a great gift topper that provides an extra added something.




The Carriage follows the same basic pattern as my previous tutorial with a twist (the lid moves!).  To see more detailed instructions check out the previous post.
Cutting Instructions:
  1. Start by cutting two large circles (Spellbinders large circle) in your base card stock.  I used SU Vanilla for this project. 
  2. Cut two circles in your dp using the next Spellbinder circle size down.  I used the print from an older SU paper pack that include stickers.  I lost the wrapper so I can't tell you the name, sorry.
  3. Cut four base and dp circles using the smallest two sizes of die for the wheels. 
  4. I also punched out 6 little flowers using my EK Success Retro Flower punch, but you will use whatever you want to embellish the pram.  As you can see I kept it pretty simple.
  5. You will need two backing strips; 5 7/8 x 2 1/4 and 3 x 2 1/2 inches.  I made the carriage moving lid a little bigger than the base so that it would move freely.
  6. Cut your corresponding dp 1/4 inch smaller - 5 6/8 x 1 6/8 and 2 3/4 x 2 1/4 inches.













Assembly Instructions:
  1. Cut the two base circles in half and cut the dp circles in half.
  2. Cut one of the half circles in half again so that you have two quarter pieces.
  3. Adhere the dp to the base pieces.
  4. Adhere the backing pieces using strong tape. A glue runner type does not hold strong enough. I like to firmly press the ends together and then ease the circle into place. This part reminds me of easing a sleeve into a blouse when sewing.
  5. Insert a brad into the center of the wheels and place on your carriage - you need four, of course!
  6. Attach the carriage lid with a brad.  The brad connection does not attach to the center of the half circle - it needs to be slightly off to one side of the center to be able to move freely along the edge.
 








Thank You Cards:

Cut 5 pieces of card stock 7 x 4 inches. 

Again, I used the Spellbinder Circle die to cut the shape of the cards, but you need to use a smaller circle so they will fit into the carriage. 

Fold the card stock in half and place the die about 1/4 inch above the fold when running it through your machine.

Decorate according to your theme.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Please try your own and let me know how it turned out.  Use the comments section to link to your blog when your ready.
Thanks for stopping by!
Nancy



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing, I would never have thought to use a circle like this. :) Lori m

Sara I. said...

What a great project Nancy!! Love the papers, too!! Wishing you and yours a fabulous Easter!!

Trish and Treasure said...

Brilliant!

Elizabeth said...

Oh So Cute!! I really, really like this!!