Thursday, April 21, 2011

Blog Awards are Wonderful!

Earlier this week I recieved a comment from Sheree over at Vancouver Island Craft Junkie telling me about an award she was sending my way.  I recently met Sheree in person!  We both make cards and blog and we live only 30 minutes apart.  I couldn't do anything about my blog until now because I was traveling, so here is my post - finally - and I am sending huge hugs to you Sheree!!!



Well, now I have the pleasure of passing along this award to other wonderful crafters/commenters. The rules for the BFB award are two-fold:
  1. Post about the award on your blog with a link back to the sender.
  2. Pass onto those who visit your blog and leave comments regularly.

So my list of BFB award winners includes:
  • Sara from Sugar and Spice - love the layout of your blog and your cards are great!
  • Lisa from A Mermaid's Crafts - very creative work. This lovely lady offered to lend me a video to help learn my Cricut.
  • Trish from Trish and Treasure - wonderful variety of cards.

Ok, so when it rains it pours, right?  The really cool thing is that I came home to a second award from Cheryl at See it, Snap it, Scrap itI am stunned!  I have always loved making cards and I am certainly enjoying blogging.  To add cream to my cup of hot chocolate are these awards letting me know that I am appreciated.  I think we all deserve to be appreciated and I wish I could pass these awards on to the person behind every blog that I have poured over wishing I had more time so that I could make cards using their creative ideas.


The rules for this award are a little more challenging.  I have to:
  1. Choose FIVE (5) worthy recipients and list them. Next to their blog name, give one reason why you think their blog is special. What catches your eye about them? What do you love?
  2. On your blog page, list 5 things about yourself. Include at least one thing you enjoy about your craft.

5 things about me:
  1. I have been married for 34 years to the same great guy!
  2. I have four grown children, two are married and I have five grandchildren.
  3. Here is something that not many of my friends know - I like to play Command and Conquer computer games.
  4. In my really spare time I like reading Science Fiction/Fantasy on my new Amazon Kindle.
  5. As far as my craft goes, I love learning new things and trying new techniques. I love the blogs with tutorials and some day I would like to try my hand at making a video.
My Beautiful blog suggestions include:
  • Lori at Reflections from a Granny - We both have a love of Grandchildren, she is the sweetest person you could ever meet AND she makes amazing cards.
  • Elizabeth from Nutty's News - Elizabeth started blogging her cards at the same time that I did - January 2011.  Very stylish and creative cards!
  • Dana at Dana's Inspirations - Dana's blog is truly inspirational!  She is very experienced and I have learned a lot from reading her posts especially on Copics.  Her creativity and variety is amazing!!
  • Johann at It's My Creative World - I recently found Jo's blog and immediately became a follower. Her cards are so, so cute!!  She and I both love reading on our Kindle's.
  • Danni from Danni's Dreams - The thing I like most about Danni's cards is that she follows more of the Clean and Simple (CAS) technique.  A good CAS card is usually based on true art technique.  Well placed blank space is important and Danni is really good at it.

Well, this has been a really long post.  Please take the time to hop over to the crafters listed above so that you can see how amazing they really are.

Thanks again Sheree and Cheryl! 
Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

Danni said...

Aww, thank you for such sweet, kind words! I'm flattered that you like my blog/creations! I don't display awards anymore on my blog but I am still touched and really appreciate the thought behind it!

Dana said...

Thanks so much!! Hey up there^^^ Danni!! So great to be among such great company ; )
I always love reading facts about people!! Congrats on so many wonderful years of marriage and grandchildren. You have me beat on both counts!
I cannot wait to see what tutorials you will have for us down the road!!
Hugs~
Dana

Lisa said...

Nancy - you are so sweet! THANK YOU so much for gifting me with this award!! I am truly honored and so appreciative! Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, What a wonderful Surprise, thank you so much for the kind words and sweet comments.

Happy Holiday and blessings,

:) Lori m

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Thank you so much for the award and your appreciation of the cards I post. I'll be sharing the praise, though, since some of those cards have been made by a few of my daughters. It's fun getting to know others in blogland who share interests, and especially exciting when someone recognizes you with an award! Thanks again and again!

Sara I. said...

Hey sweetie!! Thank you so much for such an honor!!! You totally made my day today!!! Will definately post next week after the holidays! This meant so much to me and I hope you have a blessed Easter with your family!

Trish and Treasure said...

Thank you so much for this award it is greatly appreciated!