Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sail on to a great birthday!

My new card was inspired by this cute Echo Park - Sailboats paper and a new digi image from Meljens Designs (sail away).  I have been planning to make some boy oriented cards and thought this image was perfect. 


I used Spellbinders Fancy Tags, Small Circle and Scalloped Circles to cut my shapes.  The main card stock is from SU - Very Vanilla and the rest is from my stash.  Happy Birthday stamp is a SU set Think Happy Thoughts and the bling is Prima - Say it with Studs.

I used Copics to color the image - G12, G21, BG15, BG18, C5, R32, Y02 and Y06. 

This card is entered in the Color Throw Down - #37 , Papertake Weekly Challenge, Simon Says and Card Ideas Challenges.

Until next time - Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Sara I. said...

Super adorable card, Nancy! Lovin' that image from Melissa paired with such cutie paper - love the blingy sentiment, too!

Cheryl said...

This ... and all of your cards are fabulous! I just love your blog and have become a follower through the Link the Love party. Can't wait to see more of your creativity!

You make me want to get back to making cards!

Cheryl
www.seeitsnapitscrapit.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

This card is so adorable! I love the smiley face on the boat and the background paper. Thanks so much for the sweet comments on my blog. You said that you just got a Cricut and haven't figured it all out yet...I had mine for a year and a half before I discovered all it could do! I found a dvd from Above Rubies Studio that explains EVERYTHING. I had no idea a Cricut could do so much! The link to the dvd is: http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com/cricut-dvd/
It's kinda expensive ($23 US) but I thought it was well worth the money. I would send you mine but I still use it all the time for reference :)

Anonymous said...

Going through this blog, I honestly think that you have the exact idea of what are you talking about.I really want to congratulate you for zeal for the work you own that has helped you stand today at this stage.Truly speaking,there has not been even once that I have gone through your blog and went without getting some good information.Get Going.And yes i have digg your site craftingpassions.blogspot.com .

Anonymous said...

Adorable card and the colors you choose are so pretty.

Tara Godfrey said...

Absolutely adorable, Nancy! Such a sweet image and fab papers! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge!
Hugs,t