Friday, April 8, 2011

Friendship Card

Well, it has been over week since I have been able to make a card.  I have been over my head with year-end work and I am happy to report that my overtime is done!  Work should return to normal next week allowing me my evenings and weekends for family and craftng.

While I was doing all my extra work I received my order from Our Daily bread Designs.  I won, by random counter, one of the challenges recently and decided to stock up on a few things like the Thinking of You, Get Well and Friendship sets as well as Scripture Collection #4.  I also received my order from JustRite Stampers.  Finally I have the Spellbinders custom dies for cutting out the Nested Frames I purchased earlier this year.  I also indulged in the new Fancy Tags set.

Yesterday, I stopped by my local scrapbook store after work and found that they got their order of all the new Spellbinders dies.  I picked up a the two new Fancy Tags and Labels 18.  Yeah!!  I have new toys to play with - better get cracken!

My card today uses two images from the ODBD Friendship set.  I love the verses, thoughts and especially the dragonfly flourish!  I added a little Stickles to the scrolls and Chrystal Effects to the dragonfly wings.


The design for this card follows this weeks Mojo sketch.  I used a new Fancy Tag for the sentiment and my Label 4 for the dragonfly image.  The Dp is from Stampin Up and Friendship metal from Michaels.  I used the other side of the pink paper in the center inside - it's little polka dots. The flowers are handmade using my tutorial and the leaves are a MS punch.

This card will be entered in the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Paper Romance - paper, sentiment, image, embelishments
SCS Devine Design challenge - April verse

Now that I have my time back I plan to make a few cards over the weekend.  I am also working on an alternative to the baby carriage posted a couple of weeks ago.  Thanks for checking in.

Nancy

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning card and your sentiment is wonderful for this design, it all blends together for a master piece.

:) Lori m

Unknown said...

OH MY I love the colors you have put together, they are gorgeous.

Thank you for joining us at Frosted Designs

Amanda

Sara I. said...

Just gorgeous! You did a fabulous job with the punching and the distressing - love the hat pin!

Judy Rozema said...

What a pretty card with so many gorgeous things to look at! Thanks for sharing at Paper Romance!

Sheree said...

I LOVE this card Nancy!! The dp's from Stampin'Up! are soooo pretty. Okay, you are now to be known as the Flower Goddess because no matter which type you make, they all turn out so beautiful!
Great sentiment..isn't that the truth tho?
One of these days we'll get together again..The shop is now in it's busy season and goes full bore until Sept. or Oct. I'll see what I can do!

Erin Reed said...

great project!! thanks for joining us at frosted designs!!

Lydia said...

Beautiful card! I love all your different layers and textures. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!
Lydia

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card.Love the colours and details.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Grace said...

Hi Nancy! Your card is just full of gorgeousness!!! So many wonderful new toys to play with and you certainly did them beautifully! Love the crystal effects and stickles on the dragonfly and flourishes! Gorgeous colors! Hope your week is better this week and things settle down so you can have some craft time again!
hugs,
Grace

Angela said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! love the colours you have used!! Thanks for joining in at Frosted Designs this week!!

Barbara said...

What an elegant card. I love the color combo. The fancy tag is adorable. You have so many new toys just waiting to be played with...lucky you.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week for our "Anything Goes Challenge." We hope to see you again on Monday for our next challenge. XX
Barbara GDT

Roxann said...

What a fabulous card, Nancy! Gorgeous colors and design.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Nancy! Love the bold colors! Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Lisa said...

This card is so pretty - I love the colors you used and the details! I'm a new follower…stopping by from K Andrews love link up party! If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by mine and follow as well :)

http://indymermaid.blogspot.com