Tuesday, May 3, 2011

And My Words Remain in You

I am participating in a challenge over at SCS - the Divine Design Bible Verse Challenge.  We are to make a card a month representing a verse that we are memorizing.  Last month I got off easy with a simple verse.  This month the verse is a little longer and has particular meaning for me these days.


Since the verse is talking about God's words I thought I would use some wordy paper from Making Memories - Brun Antique Bees.  This is actually the backside of the paper I used on the Puppy Love card posted last week.  I just found out that I won the challenge over at Little Claire's for the Puppy Love card.  Thank you Little Claire!! The darker paper is BoBunny from the Timepiece Home collection.

The verse itself is from one of my favorite company's - Our Daily Bread Designs - Scripture Collection #4.  I used Spellbinders Labels One small and Labels 18 to pop-up the verse. SU's Very Vanilla card stock provided the card base.  I distressed the edges and added a little Distress Tie Die to complete the effect.

The lace is from Fabricland and I used a couple of Distress inks to try to "muddy" it up a bit.  I didn't quite achieve the look I was going for because the crocheted lace has lots of holes!

Anyway, That's my card for today. 
Happy Stamping!
Nancy

2 comments:

Sara I. said...

Absolutely fabulous!! Love the distressed lace and those yummy papers! That verse is such a beautiful reminder!

Anonymous said...

You made this so pretty, really like the wordy paper you used it set this off perfect.