Friday, May 20, 2011

Criss Cross Flowers

Hey, another card from the SCS virtual stamping night.  This is one of my favorites from the challenges tonight and I even learned a new technique. 



The challenge was to make a Criss-cross card - here's the tutorial from Beate of SCS.  What a great challenge.  I love this card!  I didn't take a picture of it, but the center is a separate piece that slips out.

All the paper just happens to be from Stampin Up - Very Vanilla, Old Olive and a special paper pack from the Spring Mini.  I was looking forward to using the designer paper and this was the perfect project for it.

The ribbon is from Offray and the flower is Prima.  The big brad is from SU Flower Brads.

I think this challenge will work for the Heart to Heart favorite things challenge.  This is definately a new favorite technique for me!

Well, after making 5 cards this evening for all the challenges - I am done - and very tired.  It is time for a well earned rest!  I'll be back at it mid-morning when the challenges continue.  You should check out the Virtual Stamping Night at SCS.  It has been a great challenge for me and a stretching experience.

Thanks for stopping by.
Nancy

5 comments:

Karen Day said...

Great card, Nancy! Glad to have you join us at H2H this week :o)

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Nancy, and the papers are so pretty!
Clairexx

Anonymous said...

Nancy this is Amazing, colors, elements, the card design, it's all just so pretty, Hugs, Lori m

Sherrie K. said...

Very pretty card!! Wow, love it!
Sherrie K

Sheree said...

Wow!! Love the colour combinations Nancy! What a neat card..I'll have to go and check out the tutorial!