Saturday, May 28, 2011

Focus on tulips

Here's a card with a new technique that I learned on the VSN weekend - Spyglass.  The idea is to not color the whole image but to focus on just one spot and color that spot.  I think it makes a nice statement.


The image is from Penny Black - Blooming Tulips from way back in 1998.  I stamped the image twice.  The big one I mounted on deep yellow card stock and the other I chose just the spot I wanted to highlight and colored it with Copics.  I cut out a circle using my Spellbinders small circles and mounted it on another circle of the purple card stock.  The focus spot is popped-up and placed exactly where it belongs on the larger image.

I got the lace from my local Scrapbook store and the pearls from Prima.  The base card is Very Vanilla from SU.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Until next time, thanks for stopping by.
Nancy

9 comments:

Kerrie said...

Fantastic... I've not seen that technique before...

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Deirdre said...

What an amazing idea... adore what you created.

Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is just gorgeous what a sweet creation, hugs pops x

Mary J said...

Very clever, I love it! Thx for linking up to Make It Monday!

Mary J x

Anonymous said...

Love this techniques, its very striking! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Teri said...

What a lovely creation hun!
Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Sarah-Jane said...

What a great idea. Fab card! Also thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. xx

Ruthie said...

This is gorgeous love the colours and grat technique!

Thanks for joining in at Delicious Doodles this week

Rx

Unknown said...

I love the technique I might use it for our next challenge and yr card turned out fab. Thanks playing along with Delicious Doodles this week
hugs
Ildiko