Monday, May 16, 2011

Wishing You A Wonderful Birthday

I am finally back to the land of the living after battling a very unpleasant head cold.  I thought I would start the week off by making a card for the Mojo #191 challenge.



I really like the poppy designer paper (which has no name on the label, but I think came from Australia) and wanted a format that would show it off.  The Mojo sketch did the trick! 

I also used my new SU punch from the Spring Mini.  I started with a 3" square and punched once along each edge to achieve the shape and the little corners on the green paper.

The Wonderful Birthday sentiment is actually a free digi image from Netty's Cards.  I found her site recently and became a follower.  Then as I was looking at her beautiful cards I found that she shares free digi images too.

I think I use Spellbinders on nearly every card and this one is no exception - small circle and scalloped circle.  The pearls are Prima, of course.  The ribbon is BoBunny (I think).  The yellow and coral card stock are from Bazzil.

Some other challenges I entered....
  • Critter - #64 Green and Yellow

  • Paperplay - Anything Goes

  • Stamp Something - Anything Goes


  • Thanks for stopping by!

    Nancy

    5 comments:

    Sara I. said...

    So happy to hear that you're feeling better! Your card is beautiful - just love the design with this and the die cut behind the image is awesome!

    Anonymous said...

    Nancy this is gorgeous, the soft pastels are so pretty and prefect for spring cards. Hugs, Lori m

    Unknown said...

    Glad you're feeling better! Everyone around me is getting sick and so far I've managed to avoid catching anything! Good thing too because being sick while pregnant is just horrible! Great card! Pastels are perfect for Spring!

    Annette said...

    Wow, love the card, and thanks so much for the mention. I'm so pleased that you sent me a link to your card so that I can see your fab card using my little digi sentiment. Thanks so much. Annette xx

    Sheree said...

    Such a beautiful card Nancy! The watercolour paper is gorgeous and that Speillbinder is one that I haven't seen before but really like!