I think almost every family has been touched by cancer in one way or another. In my family, my husband's mother had breast cancer back in the 1960's, had surgery and lived to the age of 92! Unfortunately, his sister was not as fortunate. She battled breast cancer through ten years and several surgeries. Just two Septembers ago she lost that battle. Now all the women on his side of the family have to consider whether they are next.
So, my card is in honor of my sweet, sweet sister-in-law, Barb. Barb fought her battle with grace and beauty and was an example to her whole family. She was a Christian so we know she is with the Lord, but we all still miss her terribly.
I followed the Mojo Monday sketch for this card. This brand new Digital Delights image works well with the Our Daily Bread Designs Proverbs stamp.
Paper: My Minds Eye Blush, Very Vanilla
Markers: Distress Worn Lipstick, Copics - R81, R83, R85, E15, E17, E18
Embellishments: Corner metal from Wild Orchard, Really Reasonable Ribbon, SU Pearls, Spellbinders Label One and Label Six
Challenges for this card:
- Mojo Monday - Sketch
- Make it Monday - Always anything goes
- Forever Friends - Anything with an animal
- Little Miss Muffet - Girly girl
- My Time to Craft - Punches and dies
- KB Cute Monday - Anything goes
- Outlawz - Everything goes with a sentiment
- Stamptacular Sunday - You choose
- Clearly I Stamp - Pink
- Crafts for Eternity - One metal embellishment
- Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes
Hop over to Paper Cutz Challenge Blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has created. I am looking forward to seeing all your wonderful pink creations for our In The Pink challenge.
Have a wonderful day!