Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Kick Back and Relax!

I have made one last Valentine's card and this one has a unique twist.  The envelope is a special creation of intertwined paper to make a heart with a pocket just big enough for my 4" x 4" card.



I found the tutorial on making the heart here on Cherryl Moote's website.  It is a bit tricky but I love the finished project.  I made mine with one solid and one printed paper.



The front of the card has a very cute donkey from the Donkeying Around set from Digital Delights.  I know, I know, your thinking what does a donkey have to do with Valentines?

Well, he is saying - Kick Back and Relax! Your going out to dinner!




Card Recipe
Paper:  Bazzill, Kaiser Craft Chanteuse Collection
Markers/Ink: Copics, Distress Vintage Photo
Embellishments: Sizzix label punch, Darice gems, Fun Bling from Antologia Amor


 

Challenges for this card:
Be sure and take a look at what the wonderful Design Team has come up with for your inspiration. And then hop over to the Delightful Challenges site and check out this week's challenge.

Have a Great Day!



NancyD

10 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your woven heart is so beautiful Nancy...I never could get weaving to work for me!! And Thank you so much for the sweet comment on my Stamping Basics ..it really helped boost my morale!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Nancy, I love the beautiful heart envelope that you made to go with it too.

Sue xx

maureenjscott said...

Oh that's so cute! I love the woven heart too - will definitely have to try that! Thanks for sharing at Crafting by Designs this week! mo dt x

Unknown said...

Nancy, this is great. Love the weaved heart envie and your super cute image. Thanks for playing along with us over at the Crafter's Café. Shannon DT

Kelly D said...

What a lovely card and i love the weaving that you have done
Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky
Crafty Hugs
Kelly- DT
xxx

Joanne said...

Your pocket card is so sweet! I love the weaving that you did! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card, love that heart!
hugs
Glenda

Shirley said...

What a lovely creation! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

Anonymous said...

Nice card - both inside and out and what a sweet message. Thank you for sharing your card with Creative Moments. Leona (DT)

alex said...

This is just gorgeous, love your woven heart and clever design, thank you for playing at Creative Moments Alex x