Sunday, February 16, 2014

Little Darlings Scrapbooks for Baby

Hi everyone,

I have new scrapbooks to show you!  This post has a lot of pictures so grab your favorite drink, sit back and relax while you scroll through.

There are so many baby's coming in my office and my family that I thought I had better get to work on a few baby albums.  Before Christmas I fell in love with the methods Kathy Orta uses and ended up buying two of her Baby Block kits on sale. The kits include the wonderful Graphic 45 Little Darlings paper collections (2 12x12 paper pads each giving me 4 pads of paper), pink or blue card stock and ribbon, a very cute bear and fabulous trinkets for charms.

Leafing through the paper collection I noticed that there are a number of pink, blue and green focused papers.  So, I decided to separate out the colors a bit to make three albums using each of the color schemes.

For the green one I used the Baby Block tutorial and mostly followed it.  I did not make all the little scrapbooks to fill the blocks, but instead made the drawer larger so that I could fit a 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 album.  For the album I used the Build a Page tutorial., but I turned it on its side.  That was a bit tricky and fortunately it worked out as you will see in the photos below.



I made the blue album 7 1/2 x 5 1/2 and used the Build a Page tutorial with the normal orientation.  Kathy created that tutorial with a specific binding and then updated the tutorial to use her Hidden Hinge system.  I made it with the Hidden Hinge and ended up with pockets on the top and on the side.  This really provides lots of space for pictures.  I also created a folding box to contain the album.










For the pink album I made my own tutorial which I will post later. I used the We R Memory Keepers Envelop Punch Board to make my pages as envelopes and used Kathy's binding and hinge techniques. I also used the board to make the tags for each page.



OK, so here are the pictures for each of the albums starting with the pink.  The front of each page is blank so that it fits a full-size photo and the back of the page has a pocket for more tags.







The blue album also has a folding box that I saw on the web and then adapted to my album using Kathy's techniques.

I made the front of the box plain with a frame for a picture of the baby.
Open the box to reveal the album.








And Finally the green album:

The drawer is bigger to fit the 8 1/2 x 5 1/2


Inside front cover pocket

The Build a Page album has lots of flips, folds and flaps!








Whew! That was a lot of photos.  I really enjoyed making these albums and I totally recommend checking out Kathy Orta and her well written tutorials.

Challenges:


Have a great day!
NancyD






10 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

OH WOW Nancy, this is simply amazing. I love everything about it, the gorgeous little albums, the blocks and the papers you've used for it too. Can't wait to see what you make next.

Sue xx

Unknown said...

I popped on over from Paper Phenomonen's blog...these albums are great! You did a wonderful job on all of them! Thanks for sharing...

Unknown said...

I popped on over from Paper Phenomonen's blog...these albums are great! You did a wonderful job on all of them! Thanks for sharing...

lindagrady said...

The baby albums are just adorable; you did a wonderful job on them. They will be treasured!

brenda said...

What wonderful albums Nancy and so inspirational, one of these days I will get round to it.

B x

Rene said...

This is AWESOME!!!!!!! WOW!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Good luck,
Rene :D

Glenda Atkins said...

You do such fabulous work Nancy, amazing!
hugs
glenda

Ginger said...

Just checking out the talent from Make it Monday! Gorgeous! You put so much work into this fabulous creation! I love it!

Wendy said...

Wow! Stunning project, beautiful albums for those lucky babies! Spotted this on MIM XX

Gail said...

Those are awsesome Nancy!
Great job!