Monday, February 3, 2014

A Proper Gentlemen Album

I have another scrapbook for your inspiration today.  This one was a commission for my hubby's brother.  His 65th birthday is coming up in two weeks and since we cannot attend the party I thought it would be a good idea to send a scrapbook for all the great pictures and stories.

The front cover is designed to look like an Ipad. I used Paper Accents chalkboard vinyl for the center so that we can write notes on the cover.  After I took the picture I added an Apple symbol.


For the body of the book I used Kathy Orta's All Occasions Mini as my inspiration for the construction.  The scrapbook is 8 1/2 by 10 1/2 with pages that are 8x10.


Inside front and page 1 - two generous pockets.


Page 2-3 - two page tag insert.

Page 4-5
Page 6-7.
Page 8-9 - two page tag insert.
Page 10-11.

My niece is planning to add photos of my brother-in-law, and poems and stories from the party.  I am including a bunch of 5x8 tags as well.
Inside back cover.

Recipe

Tutorial: Kathy Orta, All Occasions Mini
Paper:  Graphic 45 A Proper Gentlemen Collection, Bazzill Black, and a few sheets from DCWV Timeless Type
Markers/Ink: Distress Momento Black
Embellishments: Michael's Chain, Clock from BoBunny, Camera acetate from May Road, Michael's Chalkboard Labels, craft ribbon, Tim Holtz On the edge dies, corner rounder, Sizzix label punch


I'll enter the album into the following challenges:
Have a great day!
NancyD

9 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Another stunning album Nancy, such a great idea to make the front cover a chalk board. I love the papers you've used on the inside.

Sue x

Rocio De Alba said...

This is pretty incredible. You did such a terrific job. Your brother in law will love great. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Make it Monday.

hugs,
Rocio -DT

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome project Nancy those pages all look amazing such a terrific amount of work you have put into this and it shows, a stupendous piece of work.
hugs
lorraine x

JoanieMc said...

Awesome idea!! What a fabulous gift! Thanks for sharing on Challenges 4 Everybody. Hope to see more of your creations here.

Hugs
Joanie

crafty-stamper said...

Great idea and stunning album love all the papers -thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
Carol DT x

Leanne said...

Wonderful album and I love the paper you used. Great job. Thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at One Crazy Stamper!

Leanne DT@OCS!

Shari said...

Wow, the work in this wonderful album is fabulous - I'm sure he will love it!!! Thanks for playing with us at One Crazy Stamper and good luck in the monthly challenge.

Glenda Atkins said...

Awesome, love it!
hugs
Glenda

Alyx said...

Fabulous project...love the papers. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck. xx